Sunday 14 September 2014

rosie fades away

Pheeww time for a new blog post! So i guess i can talk about one of my most recent paintings. This is a painting of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. It is an oil painting on a 24x30" canvas. Now most of my paintings I've done recently have been in this style, i wouldn't say a complete series, but with the pixelated effect and very colourful and straight up portraits. Im thinking that with this one it will be a little of the "end of an era". I will still do portraits as that is what i love doing but perhaps exploring some different styles. 
but back to this painting. The concept around this one is about beauty fading away, obviously Rosie is a very beautiful woman and i created this with a sort of pixelated feel that is slowly fading away at the bottom into the nothingness of the universe. Now as some people in my critique at school said.. i should've emphasized more of the fading away part of it.. weeeell I purposely made it this way because i wanted it to still look like the person i was trying to show and slowly fade away sooo F U GUYSS haha just kidding.. :P



 








So as usual there is a whole process video of this painting up on my youtube channel: iheartyu21

1 comment:

  1. Tht was awsome... thanks for sharing... watch my simple drawing tutorials also... Best of Luck ;)

    ReplyDelete